Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be.

Hey guys. Long time no blog. Haha. I'm so funny. *cough*

This song popped up on Pandora just now, and I'm like, "Oh, let's share this in some other way than Facebook." Thus, here it is.

Many people interpret this song differently, due to their way of perceiving the song and their personal experiences.
To me, this song practically screams about how much love can do to two people. How much one person would give up just to love another.

The Goo Goo Dolls are an American rock band from Buffalo, New York, formed in 1986. The band members are John Rzeznik (guitarist, vocalist) and Robby Takac (bassist, vocalist).

I remember reading somewhere about how, in an interview, John Rzeznik wrote this song about his grandmother having Alzheimer's disease. I'm not confirmed on that, I just read it somewhere.

If you take apart this song stanza by stanza, or even verse by verse, it emanates the idea of love and how strong it can be. That may sound corny, but I can't think of any other way to say it.

Enjoy the song. :)
Until next time!
-Tennie.
And I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment