Thursday, February 14, 2013

Edwin McCain - I'll Be

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder, I'll be love's suicide.

Heyo, all. :D
This song is a really great song. It might not be super new, but I don't care.

Oh - Happy Valentine's Day. I guess this song ties in with this day. But blah, I don't like days like these. So meh.
Well, actually, it's a break-up song, so I suppose this can't be for Valentines Day. Oh well.
If you want a cute Valentines Day song, then listen to When Can I See You Again? by Owl City. It's featured in the movie Wreck-It Ralph.

Edwin McCain is an American 43-year-old singer, musician, and songwriter. He is originally from South Carolina, and has been in the music industry since 1991 - that's 22 years and counting. Wow. His music is classified as rock music.

This song was written as a break-up song. Some say it's for a girl who broke up with him to pursue her career and dream in Hollywood - apparently, there's an interview that he did on this song, and the girl who broke up with him was Angelina Jolie. He wrote this song around the time of one of her earlier movies that came out.
The line that says "I'll be the greatest fan of your life." perhaps shows that he'd always "be a fan" of her. To me, this entire song is about how much he'll be there to love and support her.
But hey - everyone's got their own interpretations.

Have a good rest of the day or night, wherever you are. :)

Later.
-Tennie.
I'll be the greatest fan of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment