Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nelly Furtado - I'm Like A Bird

You're beautiful, that's for sure. You'll never, ever fade.

La la la~
Oh, hiyo. :DD

...I just realized that I never did an 'Education Section' on my last post (Mayday Parade - Terrible Things. <3), but oh well. It was kind of a long post... >>

But this post will have one! *evil laugh*
And the other day, I sang this song on karaoke. Hehe.

After seriously scrutinizing the lyrics of this song, it feels so sad and lost and lonely. (Run-on sentence? Bah. Baaaa. SHEEPIES~!) But I really, really love this song. Her voice, to me, is rich but light. Yeah. I've never really done a voice test or anything, but I just love it.


This song is about being free. "I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away." It seems slightly sad, with the "I'll only fly away" part.


I'm going to seriously go into a lyric breakdown. So stick with me or jump ship. You choose.

You're beautiful, that's for sure. You'll never, ever fade.
It's talking about individuality. You can't change who you really are, physically, emotionally, spiritually - you are YOU and not someone else. Showing your true colors versus hiding away in a shell or a facade.
You're lovely, but that's not for sure. I won't ever change.
I'm not going to change for you. You might be this way now, but will you be different in the future? Will I want to change for you in the future?
Though my love is rare, though my love is true, I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away. I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is.
This part talks about true love, but how it has a melancholy twist on how she'll leave the other as one will eventually have to. Nothing good ever lasts, ever. "Doors close so others can open." One thing gives way to another. "Things die so others can grow."
Your faith in me brings me to tears, even after all these years. And it pains me so much to tell that you don't know me that well. And though my love is rare, and though my love is true... 
The guy loves her so much. So, so much. But, he doesn't know her as well as he thinks, and it hurts her so much that she'll have to leave him soon. Their relationship is slowly losing its spark, and they're separating, whether they like it or not. They're becoming different people.
I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away. I don't know where my soul is, I don't know where my home is. It's not that I wanna say goodbye, it's just that every time you try to tell me that you love me, each and every single day I know I'm going to have to eventually give you away. And though my love is rare, and though my love is true... Hey, I'm just scared that we may fall through.
She's going to have to leave him, although she doesn't want to. It's for the best, because they're growing apart. Even though they say, "I love you." and such, she knows their relationship is coming to an end, sooner or later. It's hard, but she knows not to get tangled into it, otherwise she may not be able to get out - harming herself and him. They'll be stuck in a love-less relationship, which will result in what they never thought could happen.

It's amazing how this song is so true.

And yeah. I spent a few days on this post. I hope you like it.
It's my favorite song besides Fast Car by Tracy Chapman and I Miss You by blink-182.
I should sleep, but I can't. And I don't quite feel like doing an education thing tonight.
Love you all.
Bye.
-Tennie.
I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away.

No comments:

Post a Comment