Monday, October 29, 2012

Flipsyde (feat. Piper) - Happy Birthday: Part One.

Would you have been a little angel, or an angel of sin?
Well, that's just a freaking awesome cover. <3

Hi guys. This is the best song ever. (Fine, ONE of them.) It's about abortion.
Please don't go all "PRO-LIFE BETCHES" or "Pro-choice plz" on me... Or Ahri.
Please don't. o Ao"

Anyways. This song is about a guy who wrote a song about abortion, and how he thinks about it and wonders what would've happened if he hadn't had the abortion. It's a great song, and one of my friend's dad's iPod played it over the summer, and I was hooked, hehe. I love this rap.
I actually like rap. Even though I'm Asian. Pfft. (The Stereotypes Song! Your Favorite Martian, lawl.)
Well. This rap is just plain awesome. The end.
"Maybe one day we could meet face to face? In a place without time and space. Happy birthday."
Those are some awesome lines to think about. To me, these three sentences just shows that he might think of regretting it. What would've happened if the abortion hadn't happened?
Which leads us to these lines:
"Please accept my apologies, wonder what would have been. Would you've been a little angel or an angel of sin? Tom-boy running around, hanging with all the guys. Or a little tough boy with beautiful brown eyes? I payed for the murder before they determined the sex, choosing our life over your life meant your death. And you never got a chance to even open your eyes. Sometimes I wonder as a fetus if you faught for your life? 
Would you have been a little genius in love with math? Would you have played in your schoolclothes and made me mad? Would you have been a little rapper like your papa da Piper? Would you have made me quit smokin' by finding one of my lighters?
I wonder about your skintone and shape of your nose. And the way you would have laughed and talked, fast or slow? Think about it every year, so I picked up a pen. Happy birthday, love you whoever you woulda been, happy birthday."
That's practically the whole first verse. Hehehe... *big anime sweatdrop*
These lines depict his ideas of how the aborted baby would've been.
If you zero in on these lines:
"I payed for the murder before they determined the sex, choosing our life over your life meant your death"
Well. I feel like a selfish person when I hear these lines, even though I didn't have an aborted baby. "Choosing our life over your life meant your death."
It's spooky, but hey. 1) Halloween's coming up and people in my neighborhood are going all out (OTL) and 2) It's true. People have to start facing reality.

And yeah. That's all I have for now, but I'm kind of planning on a Part Two to this post. I just wanted to get something out there.
See you guys later... Possibly later today, if not, tomorrow.
I just feel like this post isn't done, even though I know it's long.

YAAAAAY I HAVE A FIELD TRIP TOMORROW! YAAAAAAAAY!
Okai. See you all later.

Tennie, ow-ooh-t. (Out.) xD
*Gangnam styles away*
Maybe one day we can meet face-to-face, in the place without time and space.

No comments:

Post a Comment